Skip to main content

Single contribution application form

Important information

Before you begin please read the following information.

We can’t accept a single contribution from you if you’re an EU/EEA resident.


We'll invest your single contribution in the same investment choice as your plan's existing contributions.

If you want to change your investment choice then you will need to complete our Additional contribution application form.

If we receive your contribution before we’re satisfied that we have all the information we need to apply it, we’ll not invest your contribution for the first 30 days.

If after 30 days we have not received all the information we need to apply it, we’ll invest your contribution as detailed in the Group Personal Pension Plan booklet. If you don't have a copy of this just get in touch.

Investment returns are never guaranteed. So while your savings could grow, their value can also go down. This means you could get back less than you put into your plan.

Know your limits

The government has set limits on the amount of pension contributions you can make before you have to pay a tax charge. These are called the annual allowance, lifetime allowance and money purchase annual allowance.

You can find more details of them here and should familiarise yourself with these before making any payments.

Adviser charges

If in return for the advice and services you’ve received on your single contribution, you’ve agreed that an adviser charge payment will be deducted from your plan, you’ll also need to complete a separate Adviser charge instruction form. Your Adviser will have a copy of this form.

Verifying your identity

In order to protect our customers, we may have to verify your identity. If the payment is being made by anyone other than you or your employer, we may also need to verify their identity. We’ll do this electronically to make things easier for you. 

If you’d prefer we didn’t do this check electronically, please post 2 pieces of identification (e.g. passport or driving licence and utility bill) to: Royal London, Royal London House, Alderley Park, Congleton Road, Nether Alderley, Macclesfield, SK10 4EL. 

If you don’t provide this evidence by post, we’ll take this is as your acceptance and proceed with the electronic checks.

If you’re making a single contribution to your plan for the first time, to satisfy the UK money laundering regulation, you’ll need to complete section 3.

Making a single contribution

This is a secure form, which means your data will be submitted over an encrypted SSL connection.

Please note that we're only able to accept payment of single contributions by BACS at the moment.


Tax relief

When paying into your pension, you receive tax relief on any contributions that you make.

Find out more